Friday, August 19, 2011

Love Song (sort of)

Here's a little song I wrote. I hope that you'll sing it note for note. But seriously, enjoy.

Wait for me lonely
By the old shady tree
And you'll be my only
Forever we'll be.

Wait for me never
Through good times and bad
Say that you'll never
We'll never be sad

(Chorus)
Oh, it's a winding road
Oh, it's a narrow goal

Our love was perfect
And our love was strong
But our love was ended
By the end of this song.
(End Chorus)

Talk to me empty
Of commonplace things
Make me a promise
You never will keep

Talk to me lying
Of beautiful things
Your virtue was flying
A young man your wings.

Chorus

Lie to me beauty
Whisper to him
Shirking your duty
Pursuing a whim

Lie to me always
If love is to last
Walking two pathways
Your own net you cast

Chorus

Cry to me after
Your lie is revealed
Say that your laughter
Was always your shield

Cry to me slowly
As I walk away
Feeling so lonely
Alone I will stay

(Ending, repeat 2X)
Oh, it was never slow
Oh, we reap the things we sow

Our love was perfect
And our love seemed strong
But our love was shaken
And then it was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment