Friday, January 8, 2010

Swim fast, swim hard

Dear readers (if any),
I am sorry for not posting for a couple of weeks. Right now I am very tired, so bear with me if my writing is atrocious.
Over the winter break my family went to Salzburg, but not until Christmas was over. During our trip to Salzburg there was no snow. Apparently we missed it by about a week! Go figure. However, we did have some fun seeing a marionette production of The Sound of Music, and going to the salt mines. Did you know that Salzburg means "salt fortress"? After the trip to Salzburg we stayed at home and played with the things we got for Christmas. My dad got a plasma screen T.V. and a blu-ray disc player, so we spent New Year's Eve watching movies.
This week was my first week back in school, and it was O.K. for the most part. The beginning of the week was fine, with little homework and few hindrances, but the past few days have been very tiring. Practices for the show Jekyll and Hyde have started, and I am a Newsboy. Not a very big part, but I hope to make a good impression onstage and get a better part next show. Because the rehearsals are from 6 to 9, I have not gotten much sleep this week. On top of all this, the water heater on the floor that my room is on broke, so now I have to sleep in the uncomfortable bed in the guest room. Allora!
The reason for the title of this post is the swim practice that I went to today. My brother and I are on a swim team, and go to practice on Tuesdays and Fridays. Normally it is pretty fun, but today was really painful. First of all, it was raining outside, so the guys got to go in to change earlier than the girls. Because we didn't get out of the locker room fast enough, Coach was mad. Then, it turned out that today was dry land work out day. This means that there were push-ups, jumping jacks, sit-ups, arm circles, and planks galore. Then, we spent 15 minutes swimming, during which we were supposed to swim 1,000 meters. For all of you non-swimmers out there, that is 40 lengths of the pool.
I suppose I should simply accept the fact that this week was just one long Monday, and get over it. Oh well. See you next week, and hopefully I will be less tired.

Cannon Lewis II

No comments:

Post a Comment